Dutchwest

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fishinAK

Apr 19, 2006
Hey guys I gottta quick question. What is the deal with "Dutchwest"? This is make by Vermont Castings right? Is Dutchwest just the model name? But under Dutchwest there are many more modeles right?

Just tring to decide between the non cats Dutchwest cast small, Jotul F3 Cb, and the morso 2100. Any opinions?
Thanks!

There are many models of Dutchwest the cast iron lines the cat cast iron ones and then stel plate versions which one are you looking at

dutchwest has had a shakey past, i cant speak for there current models, the jotul and morso i know are fine stoves. There are severl users here that own those two models. Can anyone speak for the current dutchwest line?

fishinAK said:
Hey guys I gottta quick question. What is the deal with "Dutchwest"? This is make by Vermont Castings right? Is Dutchwest just the model name? But under Dutchwest there are many more modeles right?

Just tring to decide between the non cats Dutchwest cast small, Jotul F3 Cb, and the morso 2100. Any opinions?
Thanks!

Dutchwest is a long story - you can find some info by searching around Hearth.com

BUT,

today there are a lower cost cast line made in the same foundry as Vermont Castings...from the same iron and from the same R&D staff. Decent stoves - the older ones were not, in my opinion, as nice looking as some other cast stoves....but that may have changed and beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Either way, you won't go wrong with any of those stoves you mentioned.

I sell alot of Dutchwest stoves. They're of fine quality. Your comparing apples to oranges when comparing it to a Jotul or Morso though. A more accurate comparison would be the actual VC line to those other two brands. For the money though it's a great stove that will give you years of service. The NC ones also feature the everburn system so that's a definate plus.

Status
Not open for further replies.