duuuude, nice splitter!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

toonces

Nov 7, 2011
Farmington Valley, CT
i was heading out the door with the kid to get some sunshine when i ran into my neighbor in my backyard amongst a pile of split wood and a brand-spanking-new Husky 22-ton splitter. he said he went and picked it up yesterday and was giving it a whirl splitting up the rounds i had piled back there. awesome! i kind of liked the exercise provided by splitting, but heck, if you got it, use it! now i'm gonna have to locate some wood for the both of us so we can play with the new toy.

You bet. My old wood cutting buddy always said "If ya got 'chinary, use 'chinary."

Sounds like a winner to me toonces!! Get out there and get some more wood!!!

Um, is the house for sale on the other side of your neighbor? I have a sudden urge to move to CT. lol!

Congratulations on having a cool neighbor.

OK - this is getting a little obnoxious! 1st someone posts that they receive phone calls from a tree service asking if they can deliver oak logs(for free) and them have them dropped off next to the wood pile. Now I read that you are waking up o a neighbor splitting your rounds??

Come on guys, I have been here for over a year - give me the "Secret" hand shake!!!

Actually I am really fortunate to have access to a lot of equipment, tools and man power that are ecentially free as well and my friends 35ton has been in my shed all winter. Pays well to be a good neighbor.

toonces....the driving cat! I named my first cat after that skit on SNL

That's odd... so the neighbour doesn't have any of his own wood to split but he buys a splitter?

As for exercise... you still get some with the splitter, only different, unless you split vertical and sit on a milk crate.

Come to think of it, my brother has a neighbor who likes to split wood...or so ha says. He always shows up when we're splitting wood in the backyard, and he comes over with a sixpack of good beer and splits some rounds with us. My sister-in-law is convinced it's an excuse for the neighbor to get away from his domineering wife and drink beer. I guess you gotta do whatcha gotta do!

TreePointer said:
My sister-in-law is convinced it's an excuse for the neighbor to get away from his domineering wife and drink beer. I guess you gotta do whatcha gotta do!
Good idea except my nearest wood burning neighbour is a woman and it would make the wife jealous if I went over there to help her with her firewood. Maybe I could get the wife to go over there and get her out of my hair for a while? She did say she wanted her own "little" chainsaw...

Hey, it is always nice to have good neighbors. This had to be sweet having him split some of your wood. Did you instruct him in the correct method of splitting? Sit on a milk crate while splitting the wood.

BobUrban said:
OK - this is getting a little obnoxious! 1st someone posts that they receive phone calls from a tree service asking if they can deliver oak logs(for free) and them have them dropped off next to the wood pile. Now I read that you are waking up o a neighbor splitting your rounds??

Come on guys, I have been here for over a year - give me the "Secret" hand shake!!!

Actually I am really fortunate to have access to a lot of equipment, tools and man power that are ecentially free as well and my friends 35ton has been in my shed all winter. Pays well to be a good neighbor.

Bob, oooohhhmmmm.
Couldn't possibly have happened.......I don't see any pics.
THAT'S what's obnoxious. :cheese:

gonna have to put out more scrounge feelers when i get back from my trip. then i'll get some pics and post em b/c all the stuff i have got done while i was at work. need more ammo!

PapaDave said:
BobUrban said:

Bob, oooohhhmmmm.
Couldn't possibly have happened.......I don't see any pics.
THAT'S what's obnoxious. :cheese:

If I woke up to find a neighbor spltting wood for me, you can be SURE I'm running for the camera!

I like my neighbors . . . and put more value on people and relationships than wear and tear on machinery . . . well that and I believe in the what comes around goes around type of thinking . . . which is why my splitter is currently sitting over at one neighbor's house right now as he is splitting up some firewood.

I hear that FFJ - My neighbor has my Tahoe he borrowed for a week in October and then his oldest(who pays rent) lost his job and his wifes car still sits un fixed. He is a huge help to me in so many ways that I don't mind. It is just funny asking him if I can borrow "my" truck when I need it to haul home a scrounge :)

Status
Not open for further replies.