DVL stove pipe length

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

71montess

Mar 27, 2021
Base camp
If I need 116" of Duravent double wall black stove pipe ,DVL, what are the best lengths for a top of stove install? Thanks

You want a telescoping section and then as few joints as possible

Reactions: Highbeam
Looks like a 48" + 12" + the telescoping 40-68" will work.

Looks like a 48" + 12" + the telescoping 40-68" will work.

For aesthetics then I would get a 3’, 2’, and then the slip. The little 12” would look goofy.

For aesthetics then I would get a 3’, 2’, and then the slip. The little 12” would look goofy.
There is no 3' DVL in the catalog.

Reactions: Highbeam
If this is connected to a tall chimney, then a 6" damper section could be added on top of a 6" stub to make it look a bit more intentional.

The 9' of chimney pipe and 12' of stove pipe for a total of 21 ft . Should I include the 6" damper on top of my jotul carabassett ?

Last edited:
Buy the dvl adapter for the the stove flue collar tie in, just be advised that its 5 5/8" so not quite 6"

The 9' of chimney pipe and 12' of stove pipe for a total of 21 ft . Should I include the 6" damper on top of my jotul carabassett ?
116" is just under 10' of stovepipe. That may work fine without a damper. Your call.

116" is just under 10' of stovepipe. That may work fine without a damper. Your call.
I’m sorry , not 12 ft of stove pipe, 116” like you said is just under 10 ft. That plus the 9ft of chimney. I can always add a damper if need later. Thanks guys !