Dying poplar stand

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

bfitz3

Feeling the Heat
Jan 6, 2015
Northern Michigan
i have a decent sand of people that provides my only shade from late afternoon sun and crazy wind in the winter. Maybe 100' by 60'. About 2/3 of the trees have thin brownish canopies. Close ups attached. What's tagging them?

Attachments

• Dying poplar stand
    image.jpeg
    149.7 KB · Views: 167
  • Dying poplar stand
    image.jpeg
    177.5 KB · Views: 166
i have a decent sand of people that provides my only shade from late afternoon sun and crazy wind in the winter. Maybe 100' by 60'. About 2/3 of the trees have thin brownish canopies. Close ups attached. What's tagging them?
ARGH! (So tired of auto incorrect)...

Stand of poplar, not people!

looks a bit like a septoria canker, but there are a number of leaf spots that can really grow under ideal conditions like hot and wet weather

Reactions: bfitz3
Septoria feels/looks like the winner. Hopefully the stand recovers. My hopes aren't high, unfortunately.