Eagle in a tree.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
I was driving down the road and this guy was pulled over looking up so I slowed down then he started pointing up,turned out to be an eagle so I took some pictures.

zap

Awesome shots zap!

daveswoodhauler said:
Awesome shots zap!

I have to get some pictures made and give one to the young man that pointed it out, he works down the road.

Thanks
Zap

zapny said:
daveswoodhauler said:
Awesome shots zap!

I have to get some pictures made and give one to the young man that pointed it out, he works down the road.

Thanks
Zap

ya....you can pick up a pretty decent frame too...I bet he'll be happy.

Can I ask where you saw that one? Was it near where you live? ...Lots of folks see upstate New York differently...to me, its north of Albany or so....for some, its anything North of White Plains :)

daveswoodhauler said:
Can I ask where you saw that one? Was it near where you live? ...Lots of folks see upstate New York differently...to me, its north of Albany or so....for some, its anything North of White Plains :)

In Colton New York in the foothills of the Adirondacks.

zap

Saw this one while fishing in MT a cpl weeks ago.

Attachments

• Madison River Eagle.jpg
    Madison River Eagle.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 290
They are already down the Hudson in lower NY and other areas.

great picture. I guess i overlook eagles quite a bit. there are tons of them just across the highway by the river, so i don't think too much about them. if you are a big eagle fan, then head my way during the late winter and you can see 1000s roosting in the trees.

imagine this for a miles worth of trees lining the river...
eagles.jpg

We get lots of them here in the lower Hudson valley in the winter. My house is about 1500' from the river and we see them fly over us. They are pretty darn big when you get to see them up close.

BLIMP said:
wonder how they taste,properly cooked of course!

Like spotted owl fried in baby seal oil.

Jags said:
BLIMP said:
wonder how they taste,properly cooked of course!

Like spotted owl fried in baby seal oil.
sounds like it tastes like chicken?

Status
Not open for further replies.