Earth stove 101/105 question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kansaswoodburner

Dec 3, 2015
Kansas
I got this stove when I bought my house last year. It was uninstalled in the shop with a pack rats nest overflowing in it. It was my first project on the place restoring it and putting new fire brick in it. I got it installed and going and had a roof leak that I finally was able to tackle. It doesn't seem to be putting out the heat like I would expect.
My question is, I don't have anything covering the flu, so all the heat goes right up the flu... Is there supposed to be angled fire brick or anything blocking the heat before it escapes right away?

I got this stove when I bought my house last year. It was uninstalled in the shop with a pack rats nest overflowing in it. It was my first project on the place restoring it and putting new fire brick in it. I got it installed and going and had a roof leak that I finally was able to tackle. It doesn't seem to be putting out the heat like I would expect.
My question is, I don't have anything covering the flu, so all the heat goes right up the flu... Is there supposed to be angled fire brick or anything blocking the heat before it escapes right away?
There is not a baffle in that stove. Burned one of those for 30 years. Use dry wood and it will run you out of the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.