Earth Stove MP35/50 startup issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Mspath

May 13, 2019
Old Forge, NY
Hello Folks:
Thank you for providing this forum. The Earth Stove MP35/50 has been discontinued since the late 90s so I hope someone is still out there who can point me in the right direction.
I went to open up our camp in Old Forge and startup our pellet stove. The startup cycle was not filling the firepot with pellets.
I looked through the manual and found the diagram that showed the Safety disk as the gate keeper to the auger motor and the cup motor so I tested both sides of the disk and saw voltage on only one side.
When I shorted the disk the auger started to operate. I thought ok, a bad disk, went into Utica and bought one.

I was heading back home so I did not install and retest. I'm second guessing my diagnosis because the disk should have been open when I tested. It is designed to close at 110 deg. F and open at 90 deg. F.

Looking at the wiring diagram (attached), it seems that could be the culprit. Please let me know what you think.

Attachments

• MP35_50PowerDiagram.png
    MP35_50PowerDiagram.png
    56.5 KB · Views: 209