Earthstove pellet insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Domonic

Oct 5, 2013
Hey everyone. First time posting here. I recently picked up a used earth stove hp40 pellet insert. I'd like to take out my propane fireplace and put the insert in its place. No masonry just has sheetrock surround. I've installed our stand alone pellet stove but just was looking for any tips on putting this stove in my space. I plan on venting direct using the same hole as my gas fireplace but with the 4" pellet pipe. I have the manual with the stove so I know the clearance to combustibles. Any tips would be appreciated. Thank you.

I did one like this a few years back.
yes the unit can be installed as a zero clearance unit.
As you mention, follow the makers recommendations. and call Lennox tech if questions arise (they may not know zip about this old unit that was discontinued before they purchase earthstove..)

my main advise is to consider the fact you will be pulling the unit out of the wall a couple times a year for service/cleaning etc.
we installed a hinged back wall to the chaise so most service could be done w/o removing the unit

I did one like this a few years back.
yes the unit can be installed as a zero clearance unit.
As you mention, follow the makers recommendations. and call Lennox tech if questions arise (they may not know zip about this old unit that was discontinued before they purchase earthstove..)

my main advise is to consider the fact you will be pulling the unit out of the wall a couple times a year for service/cleaning etc.
we installed a hinged back wall to the chaise so most service could be done w/o removing the unit
We have a small doorway now to get behind the current stove I plan on leaving that there. It's a tight fit for me but my wife canget right in there. I'll have to teach her to clean the stove haha!

Status
Not open for further replies.