Eastonmade wood splitter.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

RandyBoBandy

Minister of Fire
Feb 25, 2015
Whitmore lake, MI
I don't but I quickly went to their web page and to me that's well about an entry level splitter. I would hope it's reliable with that price tag. Lots of us on here are running $1K units from Tractor Supply and doing just fine with them. Those things look like beasts and might actually be overkill if you're just looking to split several cords per year for yourself. I've got a 13 year old TroyBilt that cost like $1300 when new, it's been going fine. I'm a big fan of the Honda GX motors.

Reactions: duramaxman05
I have a 20 ton for my personal use. The eastonmade would be for a business venture. Ann Arbor is paying upwards of $150.00 a face cord. My neighbor is in the forestry and milling business so a bi product of this is usually good firewood. Plus we are talking about putting a third kiln in over at his place that will be strictly for firewood.

Ah, that's a horse of a different color. Well then I stand corrected, those units would not be overkill in that case

That's a similar but smaller processor to the Wallenstein my landscaper bought. He feeds it logs, cuts to length, and splits it.

Said he didn't want to spend all his time playing in the wood pile. LOL.

That's a similar but smaller processor to the Wallenstein my landscaper bought. He feeds it logs, cuts to length, and splits it.

Said he didn't want to spend all his time playing in the wood pile. LOL.
I don’t blame him. I looked at bigger processors but they come with bigger price tags. At least with the eastonmade if selling firewood is a flop it’s not a total loss. I heat with wood and my neighbor runs his kilns and radiant heated barns off an outdoor wood furnace. So it will still be a handy piece of equipment

Easton made splitters are Canadian made in Ontario
Just north of Perth. Andrew Easton is the owner. His
Father owns https://bellsmachining.com/ Firewood processors
The small machines are a heavy-duty splitter. I used one for 2 months 2 years ago
and wish I could afford it. Very fast very strong nothing cheap about it
all top of the line parts used
Not a big box splitter

Reactions: RandyBoBandy
Looks like a very good splitter. Off topic (kinda) what is the return on burning wood to dry out wood?

Looks like a very good splitter. Off topic (kinda) what is the return on burning wood to dry out wood?
Don’t know personally. The wood furnace is already running two kilns for drying slab and dimensional lumber coming off the mill. So why not throw together a third Kiln and dry firewood so we can sell actual dry ready to burn wood instead of the “seasoned” firewood everyone else is selling for $150.00 a face.

Reactions: rwhite