Ecco and engine fans ...with someone tell me the difference?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey Jones

Sep 13, 2008
New hampshire
Thanks all

I've owned both. The stirling motor version is more powerful and can move more air but has more moving parts that need lubrication every now and then. The Eco fan moves less air, but is all solid state and requires no lubrication. I like stirling motors so I use the thermal engines version.

The visual indicator on top of the stove of the fan blades is useful. It lets you know about how hot the stove is running by how fast the unit is spinning.

I do have an Englander fan and the instructions tell me to lub fan every 6 months....I wonder where I shall place the lube as no explicit directions are given... My guess would be the moving fulcrum of parts, but Englander has been remiss in it's instruction for lube... I guess I could Englander again....

The lubrication on the thermal engines is mainly for a couple linkages. I ran mine all last season and towards the end it had a small squeak that went away with a drop or two of oil in the oil ports.

Status
Not open for further replies.