Eckotec Veronica Stove pellet backup in auger

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

coolnuke

Dec 5, 2012
Ok so my stove has been running great lately. yesterday it shutdown on low pellet. ok i go to add pellets and it half full. after a bit of investigation i fine the auger bound up. removed all the pellets, remove the auger cover in the hopper and free up the auger. (side note here, i still can not get the auger motor off from the auger. i had 2 pry bars and tapping with a hammer and not budging. can it be screwed on?) ut the auger back to gether and fire up fine runs all night and most of the day. this afternoon i find out the pellets in the auger are smoldering and causing the pellets in the hopper to smolder a bit as well. clean it all out. clean up the auger cover and reseal the auger tube and fire up. so far running fine. what would cause the pellets in the auger to smolder? in 5 years it never happened before.

the last few months the stove is running on a thermostat and going to power level 1 when not needed. on warmer days the burn pot fills up with a lot of clinkers and turns into a big block of stuff. and the fire burns lazy. i dont think the 2 are related, but i thought i would throw it out there.

There is a recessed hex set screw on the auger. You might want to check the bearing at the top end of the auger for wear. I sprayed my auger & bearings with extreme graphite ...

mine has a large collar around the auger shaft and motor shaft. i have had that screw out and i didnt see another one , it still doesnt come appart

May have to apply pb blaster or heat to get them apart ... can't remember what the auger collar is made of but hopefully some heat will expand it quicker than the auger itself.

i am wondering if its threaded since there is a flat spot on the auger motor shaft? might have to wait till spring before tearing it apart. too cold now.

Status
Not open for further replies.