eco 45 feed problems

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

slykhuis1

Nov 21, 2015
canada
I have a drolet eco 45 pellet stove that will not feed pellets. when I checked the auger feed motor it is turning extremely slowly. I have replaced the feed motor but the problem continues. is there a part on the circuit board that controls the auger motor speed?
help it is winter here now

I have a drolet eco 45 pellet stove that will not feed pellets. when I checked the auger feed motor it is turning extremely slowly. I have replaced the feed motor but the problem continues. is there a part on the circuit board that controls the auger motor speed?
help it is winter here now
A little late but.....so the voltage feeding the motor should be around 120 volts, and it is either off or on, the amount of time it is on obviously feeds more pellets. You say you have replaced the motor. Not burnt out I assume but still functional I'm guessing. I had this problem - the really crappy motor bearings wore out, thus the spinning rotor of the shaded pole motor would catch and miss a few turns here and there, all which added up to the problem you had. I can't vouch for why this is happening now, but maybe someone handed you a motor with the same problem. There are only a couple things that can go wrong here. There other being slippage where the set screw and the motor meet the auger, but I think the set screw would have to be way out for that to happen, if it can.
I posted some time ago about a fix for these auger motor bearings that are crap by replacing them with real sealed bearings, skate board sized. Look it up and you will never replace an auger motor again, nor will it ever make a noise. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.