Eco Orlan Paxo

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is one operating outdoors at the Bangor Lumberman's show.

I saw it at the lumbermans show Saturday. Only difference is the color. Maine DEP tested this unit and said it was the most efficient of all they have tested to date. sweetheat

I saw it at the Bangor show as well, they didn't go into a lot of difference on the details, but it is supposedly the "next generation" EKO - supposedly a better controller computer, and has both the front intake fans and an inducer at the back on the stack, so it has a push-pull airflow, not just a push like the EKO. No lamda control, (they said 2010 for that, maybe) but still very clean... Several of the outside boiler people were running their units, and the ONLY one I noticed putting out any smoke was Temptrol...

Gooserider

Those might actually be older units that have just been re-painted. Here is a picture of the EKO 40 that I bought in December 08.

Attachments

• EKO 40_edited-2.jpg
    EKO 40_edited-2.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 444
No, it was definitely not an older unit... they had a couple of the regular EKO's in the two tone green that we have seen on lots of photos. The PAXO was more of a lemon yellow / white color combo, and had a different top cover on the controller. Not sure of all the differences, but apparently the PAXO was built for the North America market, including using 60Hz, 120vac, and so forth. The controller is also supposed to be a fancier unit than was on the EKO, and offers a better level of control over the burn.

Gooserider

That figures. Oh well I am sure that my regular ole Euro EKO will be just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.