Eco_choice Cab 50

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chuckbw65

Jan 12, 2015
MD
Just bought a cab 50 and it ran for less than 24 hours and the auger has stopped, have done all trouble shooting, not sure what to do next. Anyone with a similar problem? It will be a week or so for the tech to come check it out. Also curious about proper venting and air flows, I have 4" straingt pipe with 45 deg angle on end, total length is 24". flame height is normal to low but feed gate is wide open.

Any help is appreciated

i can't imagine having the feed gate all the way open on my PS50 (same basic stove)
mine is actually closed as far as it goes.
it makes me think you *might* have some exceptionally long pellets.
that could lead to an auger jam.
jams aren't always (or even usually in the case of the heatilators) at the lower end of the auger.
have you tried using a wire or coathanger from the inside and up the pellet drop to dislodge any upper auger jam?

the only single jam i've had in 4 seasons was an upper auger jam.

Last edited:
Yes, I tried a wire as well as blowing compressed air up through the firebox and up through the screw, I tried jumping out the vacuum switch and the snap switches, the only thing I didn't try jumping out was the lid switch. The pellets I am using were recommended by the stove supplier, they are turmans. I burned about 1 bag and this mornng when I raised the thermostat it started then the feed stopped and it shut down. I wonder if I have a bad board as I have read several threads stating that was a problem some people had. I just hope the service guy can fix it when he is here and the stove will work well after that.

I would be telling the dealer since you just bought that stove, that he better make time to check it out. I would try jumping the lid switch to see if it fixes it. Does everything else come on? The red call light. The exhaust fan? kap

yes, everything comes on, just can't get the auger to come on, might try to jump the lid switch tomorrow

Ok. Let us know how it goes. kap

Did you try unplugging it for about a minute and plug it back in?

yes, tried several different times of unplugging and letting it set and then would go through the start up procedure

good luck. do keep us posted, please. : )

The dealer came out and found their was a problem with the lid switch, fixed it and up and running. the stove has been running great. It heats the woodshop with no problem, I only burn about a bag a day. trying different pellets, turman, lignetics and forest pride. Thanks for all the help

Reactions: Jason845845
This isn't the first hopper lid switch that has acted up. Glad they got you up and running. Stay warm. kap

Status
Not open for further replies.