EcoBoiler Pellet Boiler ...thoughts?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, IMHO this is not part of the cost of doing business, rather, a design issue that Harman is trying to make right, in fact, maybe they already have with this new burnpot design, only time is going to tell.

https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/pb-105-burnpot-bubble-issue-update.91399/#post-1222695
Thanks for the link. I had read early posts in that thread but hadn't seen your recent updates. It's nice to know they're still working at it.

The first guy I talked to about the Harman last winter said he got one of the early boilers and was so unhappy with it, he had them take it back. For some reason he gave the model a second chance a few years ago and was a lot happier with the updated version.

I knew about the boiler's burnpot and igniter issues going in. Sounds like the new igniter system was a big step forward, judging from prior threads on this forum. Hopefully the next refinement is the more durable burnpot -- and one that can be retrofitted into earlier models.

Reactions: iceguy4
Pb 105 installed...up and running :) Changed all my set back thermostats (up from 50 degrees) and now my wife is very happy(house @ 70+ degrees) My oil still come on at times but in 24 hours it has only run 30 min (hour meter). would like to nip that in the bud. My boiler is plumbed in series and no one here seems to know how to stop my oil burner from comming on. I only want my oil to come on in an emergency. Can anyone help?

Pb 105 installed...up and running :) Changed all my set back thermostats (up from 50 degrees) and now my wife is very happy(house @ 70+ degrees) My oil still come on at times but in 24 hours it has only run 30 min (hour meter). would like to nip that in the bud. My boiler is plumbed in series and no one here seems to know how to stop my oil burner from comming on. I only want my oil to come on in an emergency. Can anyone help?

My pellet boiler is plumbed in parallel ( supply of PB to supply of OB, return of PB to return of OB) with my oil boiler with a circulator to circulate the water between the boilers using an aqustate in the oil boiler to control when the circulator runs. Have you tried resetting the low temp setting on the oil boiler control to a setting that is 20 degrees lower than what the low setting ( PB starting temp) on the pellet boiler, doing this will allow the oil boiler to fire if the pellet boiler doesn't or if the pellet boiler can't meet the demand.

I have an aquastat as well. It's mounted on the return pipe to the pellet boiler. When the circulator pumps are running and the aquastat determines that the heat of the return pipe is below 70 degrees (this can be adjusted quite easily), it closes the circuit that allows the oil burner to kick in. I had to crank the aquastat temperature wheel way down at the start of the heating season when the pellet boiler ran intermittently, but other than that, it's worked well.

Status
Not open for further replies.