Ecocapsule -- Tiny House

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jebatty

Minister of Fire
Jan 1, 2008
Northern MN
Now, this looks really cool for a turnkey tiny house: Ecocapsule
Didn't see any info on heating, cooling, air quality/humidity management. Has water and plumbing, but no details. As a European design, I'm tempted to assume that the engineering likely is quite advanced. The picture is copied from the Ecocapsule website.

Ecocapsule-021.jpg

Saw that on their site. It is a neat design. Open the pod bay doors Hal.

Never tried a cell but I've stayed in smaller tents and much less commodious cabins. And this one has an unlocked door, beer in the fridge and booze in the cabinet!

LOL. Or stronger hootch. >>

Reactions: Jags
I like it. Seems way too light duty for a research facility (most of the ones I've ever seen take burly to a new level), but could make a cool extended off-grid "camping" spot.

Looks like the water tank is underneath... I wonder if you could hook up a hose to another water source, then go directly to the pump.

And then there is this for the adventurous. The stairs are brutal, but the view is awesome. The ride out will be sure to wake you up better than any double espresso.
http://www.wimp.com/sky-capsules/

Are they in the Hilton rewards program?

How much do they pay to get anyone to climb up there?

Reactions: BrotherBart
Small rooms at 26 x 78 feet? Maybe they meant meters?

Measuring 24 ft. in length and 8 ft. in height and width, the capsule suites are composed of six windows and four ventilation ducts that ensure a comfortable atmosphere. Safety is insured by having the exit portal located in the upper part of the craft.

;lol

Measuring 24 ft. in length and 8 ft. in height and width, the capsule suites are composed of six windows and four ventilation ducts that ensure a comfortable atmosphere. Safety is insured by having the exit portal located in the upper part of the craft.

That jives with the metric conversion to decimeters.

Looks like without those feet, it could take off like a toboggan on the snow.

Status
Not open for further replies.