Ecochoice ps35 start up issues

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Ezimmer78

Feb 2, 2019
Vermont
Hi all

I've had the Eco choice ps35 for a few years now. Lately, it will start going through the start up cycle after I shut it down for a cleaning, but then the flame dies after awhile, but if I can get it past the first 20mins or so without dying it stays on until I shut it down for cleaning.

Thermocouple seems to be working correctly, I've cleaned that a few times just in case.

One thing I have noticed is the reset button doesn't seem to be talking to the feeder. When I hit it, it now doesn't make the feeder turn like it used to to tell it to add more fuel. But the feeder works fine when it's burning really well.

What could be going on? Is the reset button bad?