Econoburn 150 Nozzle replacement

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

b33p3r

Feeling the Heat
Jan 29, 2008
NE Pa
Replaced the nozzle after 5-6 years of service on my EB. Was a little intimidated with the job at first but now that I have one under my belt and I now know where the secondary air pipes are located and such it is not too bad a job. It probably took me 1-1.5 hours of chiseling but I am fairly confident I could do it in 30 minutes or so next time.
First fire after the nozzle was replaced I got nervous. It was struggling to raise the temp. I read the warnings that the refractory will be wet and may even drip during first fire but I didn't expect it to keep temp from rising like it did on mine. Put a call into Dale and he assured me after a couple fires refractory would be dried right out and he was right on with that info. Burning nice again after about 4-6 hours of burn time.
So i wouldn't classify it as my favorite job but won't bother me to do it again next time.

Replaced the nozzle after 5-6 years of service on my EB. Was a little intimidated with the job at first but now that I have one under my belt and I now know where the secondary air pipes are located and such it is not too bad a job. It probably took me 1-1.5 hours of chiseling but I am fairly confident I could do it in 30 minutes or so next time.
First fire after the nozzle was replaced I got nervous. It was struggling to raise the temp. I read the warnings that the refractory will be wet and may even drip during first fire but I didn't expect it to keep temp from rising like it did on mine. Put a call into Dale and he assured me after a couple fires refractory would be dried right out and he was right on with that info. Burning nice again after about 4-6 hours of burn time.
So i wouldn't classify it as my favorite job but won't bother me to do it again next time.

How did you know nozzle was bad? Did it stop gassifing???