Econoburn Dealers in Ontario?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Frustrated Canadian

Sep 30, 2008
Central Ontario
Hey there anyone! I am in Ontario and looking at installing an indoor wood boiler to, as you can guess, replace my oil!
I have looked at Orlans alot but no CSA means no install...is Econoburn certified in this respect and are there any prices available to get a feel for the comparability between similar units ie Orlan. I have been working diligently with a couple of Orlan dealers to push the CSA issue but they are not very receptive or understanding of Canadian standards and codes so they think they know what is best....it's been frustrating to say the least. I would appreciate any help and yes I have a call out to Econoburn but am unaware of how quick they will be to reply

Econoburn is busier than heck due to demand for their products, but keep after them, and when you can get through, they will be really helpful, at least they have been with me.

Econoburn has, as far as I know, gone through all the major codes, and then some, via ETL and Warnock-Hersey, which means you are "there" for both UL and CSA-- see here

http://hillsideenergy.com/certifications_qualifications.htm

good luck in finding a local dealer- there should be someone- or, heck, become one :)

Thanks for the info I will look forward to hearing from these guys and that website you gave me was really good!
Here's hoping I hear back or get through to them soon!
and as a side note I just did get ahold of Hank and got a quick price and confirmation on CSA and that they don't have anyone promoting these systems up here...so I offered my services
Thanks again for the reply and i will look forward to seeing you around the forum again

Status
Not open for further replies.