ef2 ignition upgrade

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hot and toasty

Jun 21, 2013
my newly acquired used 2003 ef2 pellet insert has a cover where the ignition would go can this be done without to much rework there are also two wires that go nowhere a orange brown and a white one are they the factory wires if a ignightor was used?

What you need is the Ignitor with housing. Send me a PC (Private Conversation) with your email for more info and price.

According to the stove doc:
"If it has a control board then it is a EF1
the EF 2 and 3s had Timers and Dial O fires controls NOT CONTROL BOARDS"
https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/should-i-by-a-1990-enviro.6149/

Also it may have the non ignition burn pot.
You can either get a new burn pot or drill a hole in the appropriate spot of the old burn pot.

The older EF 1 and 2 and 3s older than 2004 did not have the halogen socket so the ignitor could not be pulled out from the front of the stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.