EF3 green light stays on, not enogh combustion air

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
If it runs normal with the vac switch jumped. I would change the switch. Its strange that what happens is contradictory to the troubleshooting charts lol.

I think I recommended on Sunday to jump all the switches. Check the tube from the switch to the firebox. And check where the tube connects to the firebox for obstruction.

I still don't see how the vac sw could cause that- i'm wondering if the wiring is all correct? But- I'd prob change switch too... I've seen weirder things. Keep us posted...

Well, it is a used stove. There are maybe alternations done. The timer blocks are orange in this stove (aftermarket?)
Also the colors of the wires are not always the same than in the drawing's. The vacuum in the stove seems to be good (after I took it apart and clean it out) I will ordered a new vacuum switch. We will see than.
Have a merry Christmas

Does your vac switch have 2 or 3 wire connection points ?
If it has 3 do not use the middle one ( don't know why )

Hi, after lots of tinkering around I bought one of this Fasco Blowers and a new vacuum switch.
What a difference!! The Stove works perfect now. The old Blower was still spinning free and the fan was in good shape.
I think it was just worn after years and years of service.
The next thing to be changed is the igniter......

Reactions: stovelark