Efel Kamina

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

AAMCPA

May 2, 2022
Natick, MA
The house I bought had an Efel Kamina. One of the glass strips broke and I don’t know how to replace it. Can anyone direct me to a manual or let me know how to do?
I really appreciate it.

Remove retainer frame Inside, replace slat. Do not over tighten. As the glass panels expand lengthwise, they are designed to leak secondary air between each slat, so they must move freely to grow lengthwise.

Some screws may break off if they have never been loosened. Drill and retap replacing screw if necessary. Reinstall with silver anti-sieze on threads like any fasteners on stoves.

Stock part number 2249 at Woodman’s. The Kamina MKII uses #2121, more expensive glass. Gasket is normally reusable.

Reactions: begreen
Raise hood. Open door. (You can normally lower hood to keep door in open position)
I think they are all similar. What model is this?
The manual will show a parts break down.

Last edited:
The model is a Efel Kamina. It opens from the side. I cannot find a manual for this stove. I am told it is from the mid 80's.
The only way I see it to go from the inside, which doesn't make sense.
Thank you for your help.

The model is a Efel Kamina. It opens from the side. I cannot find a manual for this stove. I am told it is from the mid 80's.
The only way I see it to go from the inside, which doesn't make sense.
Thank you for your help.
I’m aware it is a Kamina.
They came in model numbers 074.66/078.66/079.66
And MKII (080.66)
Thought they all had a front and side door. Maybe you have the Kaminette.

Tilt the hood back, open ash door cover at bottom. You should see the hinges on front door at top. Should open from bottom and swing up. Pictures would be needed for what you have with hood raised.