Eko 25 Installation

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kntryhart

Nov 12, 2008
Upstate NY
I am in the process of installing an new Eko 25 with a converted 300 gallon propane tank and a Extrol SX-40V (20 gallon) expansion tank. It will have a McDonnell & Miller RB-122-E Low Water Cut-off and a TJERNLUND D-3 Draft Inducer.

I am an old hand at wood-fired boilers, but these are different animals.

Any suggestions related to installation and operation would be appreciated.

My goal is to have this up and running by Thanksgiving!

Regards...

Welcome to the Boiler Room Kntryhart

Sounds like you know what to do as far as plumbing and the general concept of making hot water , storing it, and getting it to go where it needs to go. If you've had no experience with a gasifier, well your in luck, your about to embark on the most satisfying wood burning experience you'll ever have.

There are many much more experienced than I here, but my suggestion is to make sure your wood is the appropriate moisture content
and you will have no problems.

Read the threads on the top of the boiler room page, they are a wealth of info.

Kev

I would use the Extrol sx-60v expansion tank, It's about $50 more. I have 500 gallons of storage, wish I had more!

You'll find a bunch of threads discussing plumbing, controls, input temperature protection, fire starting, and so on. Don't be intimidated. There is a bit of a learning curve, but at the end of the day they're not a lot more complicated to operate. I'll agree with the comment about wood moisture content. I'd guess that the majority of problems have to do with wood that isn't dry enough, especially for getting the thing started. Once it's going, you can tolerate wood with a bit more moisture.

Status
Not open for further replies.