EKO 25

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

buckman44

Nov 30, 2008
central new york
I just installed an EKO 25 boiler with a storage tank of 120 gallons. You are suppose to have a burn time of at leat 8 hours a load. I am filllin the chamber to the top with wood and I am lucky if i can get 4-5 hours a load. I was wondering if anybody had any thought?

buckman44 said:
I just installed an EKO 25 boiler with a storage tank of 120 gallons. You are suppose to have a burn time of at leat 8 hours a load. I am filllin the chamber to the top with wood and I am lucky if i can get 4-5 hours a load. I was wondering if anybody had any thought?

As far as I can tell, 8 hours is in the realm of fantasy. I get about 4 hours on a full load - maybe 5 if the pieces are large. 120 gallons isn't a whole lot of storage - does your EKO end up idling a lot?

My typical burn schedule is to build a fire with a half load and fill it about an hour or so later. If it's really cold or if I want to skip the next day, I'll fill it again about four hours later. I let it go out every day. I have enough storage so that it runs pretty much flat out, very little idling.

Status
Not open for further replies.