eko 40 1st firing questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fisheye

Oct 4, 2008
NortheastPA
I have fired my new eko 40 for the 1st time and I have no burn in bottom chamber (just falling embers) plenty of burn in top chamber. What am I doing wrong? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

also on the first burn you have to burn the plastic tubes out of the secondary air ways so you don't get a good burn untill that is done. also look at the manual if you are still having trouble and read up on how to adjust primary and secondary air. you may have to pull the panel and make sure they are set up right. If you don't have the latest manual go to the newhorizon website and download it
leaddog

I have an EKO 40 and used matchlight charcoal for my coal bed for my first fire. I started with the unit off, opened the bottom door and flapper valve (damper plate that actually seals off the gasification chamber) at the back of the gasification chamber. As soon as the chemical burned out of the charcoal and it started to smoke I placed some wood on top and then closed the bottom door then turned on the unit, closed the gasification door and closed the flapper valve. The unit must have been set at the factory or by my supplier (Cozy Heat) because I had gasification just a couple of minutes after I shut the flapper valve...Cave2k

Thanks guys, Tips definitely helped. Primary airways nearly closed completely. I adjusted both to half open and wow what a difference. Gasification almost instantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.