Eko 40 first fire

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hayrack

Oct 28, 2008
central maine
I just finished the long install of my Eko 40 that I bought from Kotly this Summer. I had an old Memco wood boiler that the Eko replaced. I miss the old Memco, but I am sure I will fall in love with the Eko. I have a 1000 gallon propane tank that I will start heating next weekend. Today I just wanted to fire the boiler and get used to all the functions. I guess I got it going just in time. It is snowing here and we have a couple of inches on the ground. Now I need to read the threads on tuning the Eko.

Just starting out I would go with the settings recommended in your manual to get you going. I wouldn't fine tune any air settings until you've been burning a while as you have allot of water to heat and it'll take a few hard burns to get the ceramics set. I found myself chasing my tail when I first started with my boiler trying to keep tinkering with the settings. Its hard to do, but just fire her and let her be...

Status
Not open for further replies.