EKO 40 Temperature Setting

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sandman59

May 19, 2008
Northwestern PA
Just fired up my EKO 40 yesterday. The boiler is firing fine but would like to have some help from other EKO owners. My boiler is in a boiler room located in my wood shed which is 100 feet from my house. I have the piping connected in parallel with my oil boiler. What I was wanting to know from other owners is the water temperature that they set the EKO at?

Thanks

Rich

Rich R. said:
Just fired up my EKO 40 yesterday. The boiler is firing fine but would like to have some help from other EKO owners. My boiler is in a boiler room located in my wood shed which is 100 feet from my house. I have the piping connected in parallel with my oil boiler. What I was wanting to know from other owners is the water temperature that they set the EKO at?

Thanks

Rich

I run mine at 180 degrees. I need high temps for my baseboards, and higher temps help the in-tank HX effectiveness for storage.

I do some load balancing to level the heat load that the boiler sees during operation, but that's not necessary.

Thanks, Nofossil, that's the information that I was looking for. I connected type J thermocouples to the outlet pipe of the boiler, the pex pipe going to the house and the pex return line from the house to read the temperatures from a digital meter. What I found was at a 170 degree console setting, my pipe temperatures were 160, 150 and 124 degrees respectively. I was thinking about going to 180 degrees and maybe even 185 to get my water temperature to 170 going to the house. To me, it was taking to long to get the house up to temperature.

Rich

Status
Not open for further replies.