EKO40 with pressurized storage-any suggestions?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Northwoodsman

May 21, 2008
Northern MI
I finally have a final design for my EK040 system with pressurized storage.

I'm looking for feedback from anyone (especially plumbers) who can supply me with any hints, tips, criticism etc.

I plan to start plumbing this system next week.

Please let me know what you think of my final design-I've been working with nofossil to help me on this system design.

Thanks,

BC

Attachments

• EKO40 LayoutR1.gif
    EKO40 LayoutR1.gif
    30.1 KB · Views: 514
Aren't you missing a return loop for providing warm water return while the boilier is getting up to temp? This should be between your Danfoss valve and your supply line. The Danfoss is a three way valve (or 4 sometimes??) and is there to mix cold and hot water to keep the right temp running through the boiler. If it was missed you'll have to move your circulator to be dowstream of the Danfoss valve to get flow, assuming you tie in on the supply side before your main circ pump.

Depending on how many feet you have in your storage loop I'm not sure you really need two pumps? You could probably ditch the pump on the supply side and control the storage and heat zone flows with a zone switch.

I kind of gave up after your EKO/Boiler loops since the heat zones you have setup are beyond me...I may be way out to lunch here since you've already been talking to nofossil. If so, sorry...

stee6043

Why would you say that the circulator has to be between the Danfoss valve and the boiler? Just curious. Every book out there right now, would recommend placing the circulator right after the supply/air scoop. The
Danfoss valve should give full flow, but divided over its temp range, between the re-circulation/storage sources, but still provide full flow between the two. As far as the near boiler piping goes, I don't see anything wrong with what was posted?

10-4, guys. Perhaps I misunderstood. I've seen plenty of schematics with the main pump on the return side right before the boiler, downstream of the danfoss valve...

Status
Not open for further replies.