Electric Wood Splitter Hydraulic Oil...help please.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

MagdalenaP

Burning Hunk
Nov 10, 2018
Tilbury, ON
Ryobi wood splitter has low oil, manual calls for:

Shell Tellus 22
Mobil DTE 11
ARAL Vitam GF 22
BP Energol HLP-HM 22
And I can't find any of these brands, in store or online. I have no clue about the "numbers" of how oil works. Help please? :)

Call the customer support number on the Manual. They should be able to tell where to get the oil, and or what the curren oil type that will work is. These things change over time. So while Tellus 22 is what is in the manual Tellus 32 might be ok etc

Ryobi wood splitter has low oil, manual calls for:

Shell Tellus 22
Mobil DTE 11
ARAL Vitam GF 22
BP Energol HLP-HM 22
And I can't find any of these brands, in store or online. I have no clue about the "numbers" of how oil works. Help please? :)
That's just a list of all the common ISO 22 hydraulic oils on the market. Any ISO 22 hydro oil should work.

https://www.walmart.com/search?q=iso+22+hydraulic+oil

If you use this in very cold weather, it might be worth seeing if your manual allows for substitution of ATF, instead of ISO 22 hydro oil.

Reactions: sloeffle
If you use it outside in the cold replace the fluid with synthetic ATF.
Otherwise any light oil will do including ATF

Reactions: Isaac Carlson