Electrical advice wanted

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i agree with the first part about not knowing how to put on a wirenut but second part is not always the case. i've been a master electrician almost 30 years. but i do hear what your saying:)

Can't be too careful with this electricity stuff...LOL.

Well that's one way of ensuring the circuit breaker stays off LOL

However, I suggest following the recommendation someone made of, one wire, one nut. There are three, sometimes four individual wires bundled in cloth or plastic sheath (depending on just how old the kitchen is). Each one gets cut, capped and taped individually.

If the wires are skinny and pinched in ceramic knobs nailed to the studs, same, just there is only the one wire in the "wire".

"Well that's one way of ensuring the circuit breaker stays off LOL" - - - Let's just call that approach Plan B. Thankfully, it didn't come to that. Thanks for the laugh.

Reactions: hoverwheel
Status
Not open for further replies.