Electrical question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

gymrat0663

Feb 2, 2012
South Central Pennsylvania
My work with electrical stuff was many years ago and the old saying is true, "If you don't use it, you lose it." I have a new convection blower for my stove. The blower is a Fasco, 115 V, 1.5 A, 3000 RPM.

How do I determine which of the two wires coming from the blower is common? Both wires are white and both have printing on them.

Thanks in advance for your help!

My work with electrical stuff was many years ago and the old saying is true, "If you don't use it, you lose it." I have a new convection blower for my stove. The blower is a Fasco, 115 V, 1.5 A, 3000 RPM.

How do I determine which of the two wires coming from the blower is common? Both wires are white and both have printing on them.

Thanks in advance for your help!
They both are...it's alternating current

Reactions: bags and kappel15
They both are...it's alternating current

Thanks Scott. That makes perfect sense. 'Appreciate your time answering my question. It's been thirty years since I worked with this stuff in the military. I guess it's time to get reacquainted with it!

Reactions: Lake Girl