Electronic Cat. Probe

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bmwbj

Oct 11, 2007
Ringoes NJ
I just purchased and installed a new electronic cat. probe into my
Intrepid II stove. Let me tell you all, that this was the best investment I
have ever made. This thing lets you know exactly when the cat. is lit, how much air
to supply and when to reload with pin point accuracy.
There is no more guess work as to what the stove is doing, and how the stove is performing.
I HIGHLY recommend this tool to anyone with a Cat. stove. :) It's worth every penny.

Where did you get ??? How much ????

Jet, I purchased it from "Condar" and the cost was 98.50 with shipping
and handling total. Well worth every penny.

Thanks man, does it go through the pipe ????

In the back of the stove there is a little "Button" plug.
The probe goes in there and is just under the internal cat through
the refractor material.

Thanks bmwbj. I will look tonight on mine.. will have to remove rear heat shield..... was the "button'difficult to remove. and what holds the probe in place ???? sorry for all the questions

Jet, The button can be removed with a "butter knife" or a strong finger nail. The probe simply pushes
into place and bottoms out when fully install. I did however use a 1/4" drill bit and drilled out the refractory material using the bit with my fingers. I wanted to be extra carefull not to damage the material by just pushing
it in...so I pre made a hole first.

Status
Not open for further replies.