Elegance 36

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Dr. Carl

Oct 6, 2022
Saskatoon SK
2 years ago I purchased an elegance 36. I have burned a lot of Poplar which is a default in Saskatchewan. Last year I acquired white ash from a fellow neighbors tree and have noticed the burn rate and heat output is significantly different. If you can get your hands on White ash here it burns almost twice as hot with 1/3 of the required logs. If I use an IR gun with minimal ash firewood my soapstone is at 800°, to 1,000° f I need to use four or five similar pieces of Poplar just to get it up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit

How to you like the Elegance 36? We've had ours for about 1 year and a half and we like it so far - although I've noticed it seems to take a while to really start heating the room.

How to you like the Elegance 36? We've had ours for about 1 year and a half and we like it so far - although I've noticed it seems to take a while to really start heating the room.
Had all the paint peel off on one section, but the original installers came out and repainted, left a can of paint for us in the future, and all for $0 so that was pretty nice. I've noticed our gaskets now after 2 years is starting to deteriorate so it needs to be replaced already, and we're on our third blower fan they don't seem to last. everything else is holding up solid and ours starts pumping out heat after one good burn.