Elvis Is Alive !!!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dix

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
May 27, 2008
Long Island, NY
Da Dixette & a buddy dun got it dun :)

First fire in the Timber Ridge

Elvis Is Alive !!!!!

Stopped and bought us both a new pair of gloves, and got her ash canny stuff on the way home :)

Still some finishing of the reno to do, and yes she moved all the stuff away from the Elvis.

Temp down stairs jumped from 60 °F to 65 with in half an hour ;-)

Thank you to everyone who helped us with this..BB ( you created a monster here, my friend !!), Rick/Fossil, Jake, Mike, Bob/Daksy, Pen, Saint Fred, Patron Saint Of Chimney Assistance, Jags, and others I forget at the moment.

Glad it's done, and she's way ahead of me 3 years ago, she's got some damned dry wood going into it :coolsmile:

nice. i gotta get one of those pails. pete

May ever fire be as special as the first.

I see the temperature a-rising
I see some heat is on the way
I see a lot of heat this winter
I see Dixette is lighting up today

Don't go to sleep tonight
Just watch it burning bright
The temp is on the rise

looks like draft is great! stove isnt too deep into char yet but burning well so far

dixette, ya GOTTA get the floor protection extended , its not even close as it sits now. but the hard part is behind ya, the heat is on , now they get to work in a warm room.

BB does the dixette get a tee shirt yet? (i gotta get some of those printed up)

Here's yer shirt. Can the stove sing "Blue Christmas"?

Attachments

• Elvis Is Alive !!!!!
    englander t shirt.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 178
stoveguy2esw said:
looks like draft is great! stove isnt too deep into char yet but burning well so far

dixette, ya GOTTA get the floor protection extended , its not even close as it sits now. but the hard part is behind ya, the heat is on , now they get to work in a warm room.

BB does the dixette get a tee shirt yet? (i gotta get some of those printed up)

Mike, she's fine, the tile sits on a slab :) The whole apartment is on a slab :) Glad you like the draft, they did the chimney work, thanks to Saint Fred, Patron Saint Of Chimneys In Trouble !!

BrotherBart said:
Here's yer shirt. Can the stove sing "Blue Christmas"?

Whhoo Hhooo, I've been waiting on that :)

It's singing what ever the Dixette wants it to sing at this point :) She's warm, she's got 1/2 a cord of cherry, oak, & pine (2 years on the oak, 6-8 months on the others) at her back door, and she's burning it in. Smell is not to bad.

I have wood burning knowledge in the PE. I can already see that this is a different beast. Manageable, but very different.

Double game on :coolsmile:

And, no oil !!!!!!!!!

Glad it is working out well for you. Now we'll try to send more cold your way. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.