Emergency shut down due to power outage please help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I would go for a 700VA unit. About $139. Best thing is they protect the circuit board from surges and power outages. If someone is always home that's good unless your stove has some sort of relay that will stop the auger when power is out and let it shut down when the fuel in the pot burns up. Otherwise the UPS (of that size) will just run out of juice and shut down. Hard to tell how long they last due to the differences in stoves and if your stove is running on high or a low setting.
I have a monster 24V UPS, runs about 8-10 hours. I guess lots of people saw my website from the late 90s and started making their own alterations (YouTube) to used UPS for extended times. I was told doing what I did would not work. Now there are tons of videos on what I did 20 years ago.

My solution would be to install an OAK lower than the exhaust outlet point on the house and then add 3-4 ft of vertical vent outdoors , problem solved. But I like practical mechanical options vs high tech and your install location might not provide the clearance.

As to unplugging and plugging back in, the storm did that for me about six times yesterday, what's the difference if you pull the plug or a storm cuts the power except your way is probably a cleaner cut ?
You're right on that.. thanks for the reply