Empyre Elite 200 Question(s)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Bruinshoper

Oct 3, 2018
Peace River, B.C.
Hi. I'm new to the forums, so I hope I'm not creating a thread that is already "out there". I've purchased a new home that has an Empyre 200. I'm already aware that they have folded up shop, and also that there are issues with corrosion and such. I tested the stove, and it doesn't have any leaks (yet), so hopefully we will be able to at least get some usage out of it. Some questions I'm hoping folks can help me with.

1. I found a manual online, but the description of the secondary burn chamber fiber board design (on page 25...I've included a pic), doesn't match the layout on my stove. My stove has fiber board on "top" (the diagram does not). Also the diagram shows a rectangular board for the "front" (which isn't laying around the house anywhere, lol...and even if it was I don't understand where it would physically "fit" anyway).

So, is this stove actually supposed to have fiber board on the top of the secondary burn chamber (or can I "steal" it to repair the very obviously damaged board on the side of the chamber).

2. Also, there's not "tools" laying around to clean this unit. I'm guessing there's probably a thread somewhere where folks have been discussing cleaning methods for different stoves?

Thank you ahead of time for any type of feedback.

IMG_0379.jpg
IMG_0392.PNG

I will see if I can find some pro fab documents. That one for the front is not used in mine. If you look at the thread about fire brick substitute you will see what I'm doing to my boiler this season.

Attachments

• IMAG0234.jpg
    IMAG0234.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 185
I believe your secondary burn chamber is made out of rear, side & bottom pieces. What you are referring to as the "top" of the bottom chamber is actually the bottom of the firebricks that separate the primary (top) & secondary (bottom) chambers. That separation is made up of a bunch of regular style fire bricks with three special ones (extremely hard and dense stuff) where your secondary air is blown in.

The model 200 has 3 ports, a trapezoidal lower chamber and 16 fire tubes. My model 100 has 2 ports, a rectangular lower chamber and 8 tubes.

I can't find my documents. I had a older 200 (cold rolled fire box) and now have a newer SS box. Both had 2 ports, but yes the bottom of upper chamber is the top of lower. Treat the special ones well, you can't get anymore.

Attachments

• Cleaning-Air-Delivery-Psgs-Elite-100-03-23-2011-jp.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 168