Empyre Pro Series 100 Door Insulation Material

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Moose60

Sep 6, 2017
South Missouri
Hello everyone,

I have a Empyre Pro Series 100 that I have been using for several years. Since ProFab went out of business It seems us Empyre owners are on our own to find and fabricate parts to keep our stoves running safely and efficiently. I am looking for a place I can buy the material used to insulate the inside of the firebox door. I replaced it 3 years ago but it is beginning to come apart again. It is a lightweight stone board that is 1-1/8" thick 15-1/2" tall and 13" wide. I have thought about welding a bracket on the door an using regular fire bricks but was concerned about the additional weight. Hopefully others on this forum have had similar issues and can help me find this material or offer other suggestions.

Thank you in advance for your feedback...

Moose60

eBay under ceramic insulation board