End of April and startd burning Again!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rover47

Oct 2, 2006
Albany New York
Wow, with the temps here lately have fired the Monty up again! Actually still better than Watching TV unless there is a Yankee game on! Yup baseball and wood stoves doesn't get better than that==c

Fired up the stove again?! Many of us have not stopped yet! We will in the next couple days though.

Yep, never really stopped, and didn't expect it to until mid/late-May.
We have a warm front coming in the next couple days and more rain with it. I still think we have another couple weeks to go.

I had my stove space partially cleaned for spring and before I knew it I was out to the wood pile a few times for some nite time burns. Our forecast is for some 70's starting friday, if I can get through the next few days that may just do it here.

A cold front blew in yesterday. I had a small fire last night and will probably have one tonight. Sunny today so we are letting it warm the house.

It has been weird to come in from mowing the lawn to find a warm stove in the living room.

Lit mine around 3pm. It's been raining and cool here in R.I. and the house was a damp 63 degrees inside. It's now a toasty 75 degrees.

Still very cool here, and still burning, although trying to endure low 60s in the house during the day and mostly only burning in the evenings. Ugly overcast, drizzly, chilly weather. Feels like November. <grumble>

I shut mine down a few weeks ago. Not worth fighting with getting a fire going with poor draft conditions and then overheating the house anyhow. Gas is cheap enough I can afford to run the boiler an hour or two a day :cool:

I shut mine down a few weeks ago. Not worth fighting with getting a fire going with poor draft conditions and then overheating the house anyhow. Gas is cheap enough I can afford to run the boiler an hour or two a day :cool:

No gas line here, only spectacularly expensive heating oil. Can't stand to hear that thing turn on. It sounds like it's burning dollar bills down there. With a tiny stove, no worries about overheating the house, that's for sure. And great draft means it's not much harder to get something going. Besides, I like my stove heat...

Woke up yesterday morning and my wife had kept the fire going . . . room was in the low 70s so I didn't add any more to the fire as she was going to bed.

Arrived home last night to a toasty warm house . . . and the oil boiler running . . . which doesn't bother me too much since we don't use it that often and it's why we still have the oil boiler . . . but it did bother me enough to shortly thereafter turn the thermostats back down and get a fire going.

We have burned on and off the last few weeks. Mostly just the Heritage. Occasionally the Heritage and the Encore. For the most part some small electric heaters would be more appropriate with this weather. Usually I would just kick on the furnace to bring the temps up a bit at this point in the year, but we finally ran out of oil from our last delivery of 100 gallons back in 2009.

Closing down the Chief for this year....
Yep, done..finished...kaput...game over...
over and out...

I just fired the mudder up Papa.....LMFAO....lol rolling.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.