Energex 60/40 blend?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ctjames

Jun 15, 2014
CT
These are out of Canada, my dealer will be getting some in. They are 60% softwood 40% hardwood. Wondering if anyone has burned these and how they perform.

All I've ever burned are Hamers so far...

Thanks!

I have burned the Energex hardwoods and the Energex Golden Pellet hardwoods but never did the blend.
I do burn Hamers here .. very hot but more ash than I like.. 60% Softwood has to be a Plus..>>

Yes, that's the downside of the Hamers. I've been looking forward to trying some softwood so maybe I'll try some of these. I should have gotten Blazers last year when I had the chance! Though at $210/ton early buy right now it will be hard not to stock up on more Hamers ==c

Yes, that's the downside of the Hamers. I've been looking forward to trying some softwood so maybe I'll try some of these. I should have gotten Blazers last year when I had the chance! Though at $210/ton early buy right now it will be hard not to stock up on more Hamers ==c
Great price for Hamers!!!
pretty much the only hardwoods i buy are Hamers.
everything else is Softwoods... do like the lower ash of Softies..

These are out of Canada, my dealer will be getting some in. They are 60% softwood 40% hardwood. Wondering if anyone has burned these and how they perform.

All I've ever burned are Hamers so far...

Thanks!
Hi, I have burned these in the Nature's Own bags as purchased from Lowe's. The Nature's Own bags
coming in from the Canadian plant are the 60%SW/40%HW. An excellent pellet. I love them.