Energex Premium softwood blend

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 8, 2013
Maine
These are the ones out of Canada not the ones out of PA with the flag on the front.

I bought 5 bags to try and I have to say so far I am really, really pleased. They burn really hot, they burn slow and so far not that much ash.

Last year (and I still am using up my left overs) I burned Okanagan Platinum and I wasn't thrilled with them. Yes they burned hot but so much thick black ash and chunks of ash not worth the money I paid for them. I changed my settings numerous times to see if I could get them to burn better and no such luck. They even jammed my auger which has never happened before. I'm not sure I would buy them again. I know, I know I'm probably in the minority here.

I also bought 5 bags of Canawick to try and will try those after the Energex.

T
These are the ones out of Canada not the ones out of PA with the flag on the front.

I bought 5 bags to try and I have to say so far I am really, really pleased. They burn really hot, they burn slow and so far not that much ash.

Last year (and I still am using up my left overs) I burned Okanagan Platinum and I wasn't thrilled with them. Yes they burned hot but so much thick black ash and chunks of ash not worth the money I paid for them. I changed my settings numerous times to see if I could get them to burn better and no such luck. They even jammed my auger which has never happened before. I'm not sure I would buy them again. I know, I know I'm probably in the minority here.

I also bought 5 bags of Canawick to try and will try those after the Energex.
Also bought 5 bags of the energex Canadian and having great luck with them. I have my blazers ready to go though for the cold stretches ahead. Canawicks last year were ok a little ashy good shoulder pellet

Status
Not open for further replies.