Enerzone Euromax vs Enviro Maxx vs something else

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

MIoutdoors

Aug 21, 2017
Michigan
Hello. I posted a thread a few days ago asking for advice and opinions on a new pellet stove. I was considering an insert but have settled on a basement install. I got some really good advice about insulation concerns and other recommendations. Now, hopefully I can get some specific info on the 3 stoves I am considering to be installed in my unfinished walkout basement

Cut and pasted from the previous thread:

The house - 2000 sqft ranch with walkout basement built in 2009. Well insulated but has builder grade windows. The kitchen, foyer, living room, and mud room (garage entry) use an open floor plan. The Master/bathroom/walk in closet are all through one door next to the kitchen. Two other bedrooms and main bath are down an 8 foot hallway off the living room. Basement is a full walkout with 10 foot ceilings and has poured walls, 2 windows and a sliding entry/exit door. ***I have a desk in the basement and spend 8 hours a day working out of my home*** Basement will eventually be finished... Forced air HVAC.

Need some reviews (good, bad, or otherwise) about these 3 options.

1) Enerzone Euromax/Osburn 7000
2) Enviro Maxx
3) Harman P-68

The first two are able to be ducted to upstairs living areas via 2 ducts directly from the stove. The Harman I am considering because it is a well known name and apparently a heat monster. My concern with The Harman is being able to move heat to the living area, without burning 6 tons of pellets during the winter and having a toasty basement and cool living room and master bed.

Looking for owners/experiences specifically with the 3 above units.

Thanks!

all good stoves but I would go with either of the first two with the ducts.

Reactions: MIoutdoors
I'm with Rich, either of those other 2 stoves are heat monsters. They will chew up some food if you let them though, the vent duct kits would be a nice setup.

Thanks Guys... I have looked for a good dealer for the Enviro line but the local dealer I am talking with dropped the line due to poor support from the manufacturer. He said the Maxx was a beast, but the support from Enviro wasn't there. He is the one I am talking to about the Enerzone Euromax and I am confident with him and his store (8 miles away). I will likely go with the Enerzone Euromax just haven't been able to find many real world reviews or opinions during my searches.

I did contact another dealer that sells Enviro about 20 miles away and I didn't get a good feeling from them. I felt like I knew more about the Maxx than the rep did. This dealer admitted they had not installed many Enviro units and weren't very familiar with them. This dealer will not be getting my business. I like the Maxx, but I am a bit curious about Enviro as a company and the support they provide their dealers. Next closest dealer is about 70 miles away. Called them and they echo'ed what my local dealer said in that Enviro has serious customer service issues... and they are a dealer!! Yikes

Anyway. I may go with the Enerzone unit without the duct kit for now and see what happens. Figure I can always add the duct kit later and run the ducts myself if need be or call the dealer back for an install. With 500CFM and 70k BTU, it should move warm air around nicely. My local guy mentioned some kind of "Comfort genie" to mount up that will help move air without the ducts.

Thoughts.

Last edited:
I have a four year old Enviro 1700 wood burning insert that has been trouble free. I have not had to deal with the company for any reason. I need to replace the fire bricks this fall and possibly the door gasket, but other than that, no issues. I burn 5 cords a year. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've dealt with Enviro for over 10 years, they are a great company to deal with. I would suspect the dealers are prob the issue... The SBI Osburn 7000 (same unit you are looking at) is a great heater too. You'll be happy.

I've have been using an Enviro for 15 years .
Orly ever had to replace the combustion fan
so can not speak to dealer support . Then again
I do all my own cleaning and repairs I also buy
refurbish and sell used stoves (Enviro) with that I offer
a 6 month warranty Not one of my customers
have ever used the warranty . They build a strong,
easy to use and maintain stove

John, that has been my experience with Enviro too- and after cleaning just about every maker of stove- BW, Whit, Lennox, Harman, Lopi, Napoleon, Englander, Quads, US stove, prob forgetting a few, Enviro, Quads, Napoleon, most Lopis- they are the easiest to clean and service. StCroix makes a nice burning stove, but is prob the hardest (most detailed to get to parts and clean) to clean. StCroix does make high quality, very effective heaters and the Hastings cast is still amongst my favorite stoves, just for its looks. Anyway, lots of great stoves out there thank goodness.....

Thanks for the replies guys... Sorry I have been away from the computer for the last few days. This past weekend I ended up putting money down on the Enerzone Euromax. i got a good price which was much lower than what was previously listed in my other thread. I had the guy come back out and re-estimate everything. Come to find out the original quote they gave me was using more vent/exhaust pipe than needed. Having a walk out basement, I can run a horizontal vent out the exposed 2x6 wall with no issue. I should have it installed in the next few weeks.

I am sure the Enviro Maxx is a great unit, I just wasn't happy with two dealers telling me they had issues with the company and warranty claims. I bought the Enerzone from the dealer that is 10 miles away and rid himself of the Enviro line due to issues with the company. The next closest Enviro dealer was 15 miles away and they really had no clue about the Enviro product. I knew more than they did. Called a dealer 2 hours away and they also said they had issues with Enviro as a company.

After reading hundreds of threads on this site for the last two or tree weeks, I know that the quality of your dealer and their willingness to stand behind you as a customer is very important. I am glad i went with they guys I did. they are local, knowledgeable, and spent a heck of a lot of time answering my questions and explaining everything to me.

I will post up some photos after the install.
Thanks again.

Reactions: rich2500