Enerzone Solution 3.5 or Pacific Energy Summit

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Good Day,

I am purchasing a new wood stove for a new cabin located near St. John's Newfoundland Canada - 1000 square foot main floor. Upper level is open space with cathedral ceiling above 370 sqft of the main floor level, and 400 sqft of mezzanine/attic floor with full 8ft ceiling.

The cabin will not be fully insulated for another year or two. I am looking for a wood stove that will provide comfortable heat while the cabin is being completed, as well as when it is finished. I am looking at Solution 3.5 (up to 2700 sqft) and PE Summit (up to 3000 sqft). I'd rather have a stove that is too big than not large enough to heat the place. When I see new wood stoves for sale on personal ads, it is generally because they were too small for the space it was purchased for.

Any experiences to share for this situation and these two choices of wood stoves?

Both are good choices and Canadian-made. The Enerzone is built on SBI's Drolet/Osburn family large firebox with a conventional tube design. The Summit is a slightly smaller firebox with a stainless steel floating baffle/secondary assembly.