England 25-PDVP problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

westernNY

Feb 2, 2019
NY
The last 4 times I turned off my pellet stove to clean ashes out Ive had problems. When I go to restart the stove the negative draft fan takes to long to start to keep smoke from coming into the house. Once the fan starts and sucks the smoke out the fire gets hot enough to start blower fan it works fine. Would this be a motor issue or something in the control panel ? Any help appreciated.

sounds like a motor problem- as I have seen / experienced this over the years in simple open frame motors used in kitchen exhaust hoods and bath fans If you can monitor the input voltage to the motor at start up and forward( I do not know if that is a variable voltage circuit ) and it does not vary then it is motor.

What heat setting is the stove set at when you restart? What are the 3 settings for the bottom 3 buttons? OAK (outside air kit)?

I wonder about the vent set-up.

sounds like the same problem i had with my pdvc. I had the feed rate to high when starting it fill the burn box and caused a lot of smoke before it bust into flames lower the settings when starting up should fix this problem

Reactions: Ssyko