England stove e3 error code.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Zephyr526

Feb 14, 2021
Berkshire NY
My 25 manufacture date is 2007.
I recently have recieved e3 codes. I have read other posts. I tried changing to 4-6-1. I dropped the heat range (hr), down to three. In doing so my unit stayed lit with no errors.
The unit is connected to a thermostat. Even at 3 with t-stat set at 70, it was 79. I dropped heat range to 2 and it reads 74.
So I just switched back to the default of 6-4-1.
For years I have been set at 7 hr and 9 blower with no issues over heating, or over high limit.
Any suggestions? Thanks in advance

Thorough cleaning including the vent pipe. Pull the combustion blower clean it and the chamber it goes into. Clean the convection blower fan blades Cant run right when they can’t breath

Reactions: johneh
Thanks. I clean the flue once a month. I checked the blade on squirrel cage. They are clean. Long hair cat, I learned early. I did not pull the blower fan. But did vaccumm out the blower tubing. I also ran a plastic hose down the heat exchanger and vacuumed what I could. So it running again and not over limit. But still over heating the thermostat. With that it shows that theve3 code was resolved because units not shutting down anymore.