England Stove Works Summers Heat 55-SHPCB120

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Sasquatch76

Jan 10, 2015
WV
Just bought this stove. Got the exhaust hooked up easily.
Went to hook up the OAK pipe and found the side panel almost impossible to remove.

It fits so tight I had to use a pry bar to remove it, and now it will not go back on. I followed the directions, watched the videos, this is not my first stove and I am very mechanically inclined. I tried for 2 hours so far and just gave up. Now the finish on my stove looks like crap from scratches trying to put it back on.

Looks like I'm going to have to bend it to get it to fit properly.
What the heck?

Got it back on finally.

The panel was so twisted and warped that I had to put it on my work table and use a rubber mallet to pound it out back to square.
Feels like I went ten rounds with a heavy weight boxer.
Jeesh.
Hope it runs and burns good.
I'll have a review after I fire it up.

I have that stove. I like the old control panel design better when you could control feed and fan separate. On this stove they go up/ down together. I woul keep the stove on 1-9 80% of the time. And it worked great.