Englander 25-CAB-80 Trouble

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jason_T

Dec 22, 2021
Cape Breton
Hello,

I recently purchased a new CAB-80 from home-depot. Love the stove... it's my first. We were going through too much heating oil and I figured I'd get a pellet stove to supplement. It easily heats the main floor and the upstairs. Best purchase ever.

I noticed though, since day one, that on slightly warmer days, my house gets too hot even on setting 1-1. I was just living with this... thought it was just because it was a bigger stove. Then I did a bit of googling and decided to check my factory LFF settings ( I think that's what they're called). Mine was set to 6-2-1. So, I lowered it to see if I'd get less heat output . I did not. It stayed the same. So, as a test, I lowered it all the way down to 1-1-1. I had read that the fire would probably have a hard time staying lit at that level.... again, no change. Raging inferno in there 24/7. She's been burning about 1.25 40lb bags of pellets in 24 hours... on 1-1. It seems like the output doesn't respond to changes at the control board. The fire always seems to burn at max.

So... is my control board toast? is there a diagnostic mode I can enable on this stove to test things out? Or am I simply missing something... this is my first stove so I could be.

Any help would be greatly appreciatedd.