Englander 25-EP thermostat mode question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Ocelot

Burning Hunk
Hearth Supporter
Dec 27, 2010
Hudson Valley, NY
I've been using a good wireless thermostat with my 25-EP for years that works well.

I use the Hi/Low T-Stat program mode on the stove which drops the heat setting down to number 1 when the T-stat stops calling for heat and bumps it up to whatever heat range I have it set at when it does call for heat. That works well, except for one annoying issue. Does anyone know of a way to get the blower motor to also drop down along with the heat setting when the T-Stat isn't calling for heat?

I usually have the stove set at Heat 3 and Blower 4 or 5 because if I set the blower on 3 to match the heat, the blower jumps to 9 a few times per hour to cool itself down. My pellets have a lot of shorter ones and burn really hot.

Anyway, it seems silly, both noise wise and energy consumption wise to have the blower on 5 continuously even when the thermostat drops the stove to 1.

Ray

I don’t think it’s programmed to do that. The blower stays where you set it at unless, as you noted, it needs to expel the excess heat.

Eric