Englander 25 EPI Venting

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jg29383

Nov 21, 2017
Southern Maryland
Hello everyone i just picked up a used unit and i am trying to figure out the best way to vent the unit in my masonary chimney. I have a piece of stainless flex piping that came with it. I am curious about what to use for the fresh air and also how to connect the flex tubing to the unit. I have a tee that came with it also but it does not attach to the flex pipe with what i have. What should i use? Thanks guys

Thanks i appreciate that. Do you guys know if they make a tee that hooks directly to the 3 inch flex pipe for the chimney liner? That is what i am missing as i have the 3 inch liner now but the tee i have does not connect to the flex liner. Thanks in advance.

Yes most vent pipe manufacturers make adaptors for connections, but the length of your run is going decide what you need. How long is your chimney?

I ordered a 3" flex kit from Rockford chimney. I also got there custom 13x13 terra cotta cap for my chimney. They give you the option of getting a regular adapter or a tee. Everything worked great and I very happy with it. Total was about 325 to my door. Btw I have the same stove from overstockstoves. I love the heat but the small hopper and the pellets not all sliding down is annoying.

I ordered a 3" flex kit from Rockford chimney. I also got there custom 13x13 terra cotta cap for my chimney. They give you the option of getting a regular adapter or a tee. Everything worked great and I very happy with it. Total was about 325 to my door. Btw I have the same stove from overstockstoves. I love the heat but the small hopper and the pellets not all sliding down is annoying.
Funny you mention the hopper not letting pellets down as I let it burn for a few hours yesterday and it cut itself off as the pellets where all gone down to the auger and had plenty all around but they didn’t drop. How long will the full hopper last you? Can you get through the night without having to mess with pellets?

Funny you mention the hopper not letting pellets down as I let it burn for a few hours yesterday and it cut itself off as the pellets where all gone down to the auger and had plenty all around but they didn’t drop. How long will the full hopper last you? Can you get through the night without having to mess with pellets?

Haven't tried yet but during the day it would die down after about 6 or so hours and I would have to help the pellets down towards the sugar. I knew this was a issue with this stove. But hopefully it won' be a issue.