Englander 25-PDV & 25-PDVC block bearings with no grease channel to hold the grease!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Don2222

Minister of Fire
Feb 1, 2010
Salem NH
Hello
I came across a really not that old 25-PDVC (Only 4 years old) with both augers jammed up and frozen solid! Then I noticed the block bearings (Sometimes Green in Color) had no grease channel! The bearings did not turn very easily and new auger motors a while back did not help much from jamming!
So after wire wheeling the augers and installing new blue block bearings that I packed with red high temp grease turns like butter!

Has anyone seen or have these?

Pic 1 - shows old green bearing on right and new blue bearing on left

Pic 2 - Old bearing outside - no grease channel
Pic 3 - Old bearing inside - no grease channel
Pic 4 - New Upgraded block bearing with grease channel

Attachments

• EnglanderBlockBearings.jpg
    EnglanderBlockBearings.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 236
  • IMG_9044.JPG
    IMG_9044.JPG
    141.5 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_9052.JPG
    IMG_9052.JPG
    167.3 KB · Views: 199
  • IMG_9043.JPG
    IMG_9043.JPG
    155.3 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:
Hello
I came across a really not that old 25-PDVC (Only 4 years old) with both augers jammed up and frozen solid! Then I noticed the block bearings (Sometimes Green in Color) had no grease channel! The bearings did not turn very easily and new auger motors a while back did not help much from jamming!
So after wire wheeling the augers and installing new blue block bearings that I packed with red high temp grease turns like butter!

Has anyone seen or have these?

Pic 1 - shows old green bearing on right and new blue bearing on left

Pic 2 - Old bearing outside - no grease channel
Pic 3 - Old bearing inside - no grease channel
Pic 4 - New Upgraded block bearing with grease channel

I have a PDV 2013 & PDVC 2016 and both have grease fittings. Very interesting that yours did not and it has me wondering....