Englander 25 PDV help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigbrat

Nov 1, 2016
Canada
Is there a way to adjust the hot air. Mine seems no matter what setting i have it on it blows warm air. Not very hot

Probably the pellets your burning

Is there a way to adjust the hot air. Mine seems no matter what setting i have it on it blows warm air. Not very hot
Is this a new problem? What kind of pellets are you burning ? There is no hot air adjustment other then just turn the temp up. What number are you running on. Is the flame lazy? List goes on and on

I
Is this a new problem? What kind of pellets are you burning ? There is no hot air adjustment other then just turn the temp up. What number are you running on. Is the flame lazy? List goes on and on
Im burning eastern ember pellets. Its not the pellets cause thats the only kind i use and have used for a couple of years now. My problem is new to me. The flame isnt a lazy flame and my stove is set on 5 for both. The bottom buttons are set 4,4 and 1

Time for a good deep cleaning, pathways may be getting blocked with ash .

Reactions: Bigbrat
I

Im burning eastern ember pellets. Its not the pellets cause thats the only kind i use and have used for a couple of years now. My problem is new to me. The flame isnt a lazy flame and my stove is set on 5 for both. The bottom buttons are set 4,4 and 1
Could it be dirty? When did you clean it last. So it ran fine last year?

Ive gave it a good cleaning this summer. But ill give it another good cleaning j'ai st to make sure i got everything
Another possibility is that it changed modes from last year when you restarted it

No not the bottom 3 buttons. There are modes you can change to feed more or less pellets which equates to more or less heat. I believe the stove comes in d or c mode but a lot of people change to the c mode as I did. When I got my pdv I had the same issue the second year . Somehow when I plugged the stove back in it changed to d mode and heat suffered. I changed back to c mode and all is good but you will burn more pellets at a lower heat setting. Search Englander pdv mode settings and read up , there is a lot of discussion on this topic. Hopefully the stoveguy or someone with more experience than me chimes in on this. My stove in c mode with all the burn pot mods is burning great with little ash. But it took me awhile to figure it out along with switching to softwood pellets .

Hello

The room blower kicks on at 125 F measured with the heat sensor at the end of the white or black high temp wire and the heat exchanger will be in the 150's by that time.
If this does not happen the stove will time out after 20 mins and show E2

Here are a few more things to check
1. Check the jumper on the T-Stat connection on the back lower right of the control panel to make sure it is snug.
2. Look through the front door , is the impingement plate hanging on the back wall in center of the unit? or do you see a 4 by 7 hole with a shelf in the middle of it?
Also check to see if it is not leaning forward and flat to the back of the stove.

Bottom 3 buttons
1 LFF low fuel feed; this setting controls the cycle rate of the top auger when the unit is set on a heat range of 1 or 2. it does not affect the stove at heat range 3 or higher. the LFF settins we choose are based on consumption rates using average sized pellets meaning an average length of 3/4 inches (ish) now not all pellets are sized this way some smaller some longer on average so the settings can be adjusted to compensate (we usually wish to advise on that based on what an owner gives us on average time of a bag's burn duration on h/r 1) ideally to allow the stove to keep a physical fire without having to relight each batch from coals which is a dirty burn)

2. LBA low burn air; this setting determines the speed of the exhaust/combustion blower on the same 1 and 2 heat settings, no effect on 3 and higher. as with the LFF we determine what the best air setting is based on typical pellets and anormal setup. we may adjust this with info from the owner in cases of high altitude, odd hookups and such. too much air causes a "starve/smother too little and it "loads up" and burns pelets slower than they arrive causing excessive ash buildup clinkering and sooted glass

3. AOT air on temp; the air on temp button controls the temp related functions such as "proof of fire" blower on and off, and others. this setting shold never be on anything but 1.

To change the settings:

With the unit on and operating, press the Low Fuel Feed button, a number will appear on the blower speed window. It can be changed by using (quickly) the up and down arrows. The Low Burn Air button works the same way, as well as the Air on Temp. The Air on Temp should always be set on #1.

Hard Reset
Perform a Control Board Reset as follows .....

Do this when the stove is cold.
Unplug the stove from the power outlet.

Plug the power lead back in.

You must press and hold the bottom 3 buttons all at the same time within 4 seconds and wait 3 seconds and then release buttons.

Wait 5 - 10 seconds for the F5 readout display to go blank.

Unplug power lead - wait 5 seconds

Mode Change
1. Unplug stove
2. Plug Stove back in
3. Press Blower Speed Up & Down buttons at the same time.
4. See mode in Heat range

Mode is for the Stove Model
Settings for the 1 Auger Stove
1 = CPM wood pellets
2 = EP
3 = PAH
4 = 25 IP
5 = CPM Corn
6 = CPM Cherry Pits
7-9 not used

Settings for the 2 Auger Stove
A
B
D = PDVC
C = PDV
Some control boards default to 'A' when a reset is done. Do not run the stove in 'A' or 'b' mode.

6. Use Heat Range Up & Down buttons to change Mode.

To change the mode you will need to press both the up or down buttons at the same time, the 25-PDVC only needs one button to change the mode, the PDV needs both buttons pressed to change the mode.

Older boards ... (before 2004)
Heat Mode Setting ......
if the board is a "non igniter" board the procedure is different may require 2 people if the plug is on the other side of the stove , the up and down blower speed buttons are held in
while the stove is being plugged in , in other words, unplug , press AND HOLD the up and down blower speed buttons , plug in WITHOUT LETTING GO OF THE BUTTONS
then once its plugged in ,let go of the blower speed buttons and set the abcd mode with the heat range up or down. then tap the "on " button twice to lock it in.

Last edited:
Ill ask here rather than start a new thread on an old topic....

My Englander 25PDVC is plowing through pellets, and the house is 77-78 degrees.

Heat Mode D

Lower three buttons 6-4-1

We run at 1 fuel and 2 blower.

Hopper slide about halfway open.

Lignetics, same stock as last year. A full hopper used to last almost 24 hrs, now maybe 10. I did swap auger motors in an effort to prolong their life. I didnt think they were different RPMs? The flame is almost always large, when it usually dies down until pellets fill burn pot.... Anybody know what changed this year?

Ill ask here rather than start a new thread on an old topic....

My Englander 25PDVC is plowing through pellets, and the house is 77-78 degrees.

Heat Mode D

Lower three buttons 6-4-1

We run at 1 fuel and 2 blower.

Hopper slide about halfway open.

Lignetics, same stock as last year. A full hopper used to last almost 24 hrs, now maybe 10. I did swap auger motors in an effort to prolong their life. I didnt think they were different RPMs? The flame is almost always large, when it usually dies down until pellets fill burn pot.... Anybody know what changed this year?

You're gonna have to play with the settings. Refer to Don's post above. Start at maybe 4-4-1 and go from there.

Try lower three buttons at 4 6 1 and mode C .Mine runs great on these settings .

As an update, Im at 5 4 1 on lower three, 1-3 on fuel and fan. 40lbs lasts 24 hrs now with house at 72.

Lignetics burning great, Barefoots pretty good and just dumped a bag of Okanagan red bag in. Hope they dont flame us out!

Status
Not open for further replies.